ArtStation Challenge Update

After some weeks of on-off work on my ArtStation challenge submission, I can now show you the progress I made. I transferred the initial drawing into digital line art and modified the construction of the ship slightly:

After this step I sketched in the surroundings:

Doing color comps for this piece took me the longest, as I haven’t done a colored image of a stormy sea before. This is what I came up with:


I like the painting quite much so far. The next weeks will be mainly dedicated to finishing it, so you might also see an update very soon here on my blog.

By the way, there is no Sketchbook Sunday this week, as I didn’t draw anything into my sketchbook.